Monday, September 1, 2008

Harper within Striking Distance of a Majority?

Ok, so yet another poll with yet another (different) result.



This is interesting when taken with the news that 43% of Ontario residents would vote for Harper to prevent the Green Shift, and that overall support for the Green Plan has decreased country wide.

And yes, I have read the blog post from Steve V, but his thesis hinges on that fact that one of the recent polls had the Liberals way out in front of the Conservatives in Ontario. This new poll shows that other then in Toronto itself, it is not the case at all. The Conservative's have opened up a 6 point lead in Ontario outside of Toronto.

One of the other potential issues with Steve V's analysis of the poll could come from the actual polling numbers from Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. One of his points was that most of the country wide drop could be attributed to the large decreases in support from those provinces. But that hinges on the poll methodology used, he could be right, but I was too lazy to look it up myself.

So it looks like an election is coming, and it looks like Prime Minister Stephen Harper will call it. I didn't want this, but since it is coming I better get my shoes ready!

4 comments:

Paul MacPhail said...

The PM is STEPHEN Harper.
The er, leader of the opposition is STEPHANE Dion.
You might wanna correct the post. Wouldn't want people to confuse the two.

I think that after this election, the Liberals will regret running on another GST platform (Green Shaft Tax).

Babylonian777 said...

"I think that after this election, the Liberals will regret running on another GST platform (Green Shaft Tax)."

Very clever, I hope that gets thrown around during the election campaigns. Was that your baby?

AnonymousCoward said...

Paul thanks for the spell check! For reasons I don't understand I always spell it that way on first typing.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many Liberal Party supporters will vote strategically for anyone but Liberal just to ensure Stephane Dion is booted from leadership during their next convention?