Sunday, September 14, 2008

Only PhDs are Worthy to be Canadians?

Dion's true elitist colours are starting to show.



With thanks from Stephen Taylor who first posted this. Too bad Dion doesn't realize that the changes proposed by the Conservatives should help address the skilled trades shortages in Canada.

Now I don't have a degree from some university (I can hear the catcalls from so called progressives now), but I have a great upper middle class career in a high tech company where I occupy a position of authority, over a decade and counting as an officer in the reserves, and an IQ in top 2% of all Canadians. My point in disclosing all of this is not to some how elevate myself, or add "credence" to my argument, no, its to highlight what is possible without a degree.

In my job I fight the elitist attitude that you have to have a degree to be successful all the time, luckily I have been managing to slowly change the attitudes.

A degree is nothing but a piece of paper, its the attitude, drive, and determination that makes a great employee, a great person, and a great Canadian.

Nothing annoys me more then to see people written off and dismissed because they don't have a fancy piece of paper from some ivy covered institution of so called higher education.

Education is an enabler, but its not the only one. Drive, determination, perseverance, loyalty, hard work, and strong values can all take you farther then education only ever will.

We're better off with Harper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this. And I don't have a hearing problem!!!
Whats with his wife always standing right next to him. Its like she is prompting the audience to applaud and laugh.

Anonymous said...

Never confuse education with intelligence. Here is an example of education only.

AnonymousCoward said...

Of course there is always the old adage "that those that can do, and those that can't teach". :)