Wednesday, December 17, 2008

When idiots speak

Thanks Daimnation for posting this and making me laugh out loud. Props to you sir!

For those of you who are not sure what a "Flight Sergeant" is, it is basically the air equivalent of the army's "Warrant Officer". In the Royal Canadian Air Cadets to be a "Flight Sergeant" you need to meet the following requirements:
  • complete at least six months satisfactory service at the substantive rank of Sgt;
  • successfully complete proficiency level 4 of the LHQ training program; and
  • preferably have successfully completed an Advanced Specialty Summer Course;

As you can easily see above, these qualifications do make you an expert in aerial warfare.

You know, I retired as the "Commanding Officer" of my army cadet corps back in the day. I think that makes me qualified to lead the next rotation in Afghanistan. If not, well, at least a senate seat.

1 comment:

KURSK said...

I too was a cadet officer back in the day..the militia used to laugh at us, but they in turn were told to shut it by the regular force members we trained with in the summer,as they could see we did it for the love of it, and not the money ala the weekend warriors..